14 Mar The Show must go on!! auditions go virtual!!
Some of you have wondered if auditions will still happen for this show. YES! However, we have had to think outside the box on just how make them happen. To respect what our city is trying to achieve by closing schools, churches, etc.,.. we are going to handle auditions a little differently. Here is how you can still audition:
1. Email a video of both the monologue and the song performance to Kelly Lepeska at: firstname.lastname@example.org
–At the beginning of each video, please include your name, grade, school, and why you want to be in 42nd St.
–Song should be something that best shows off your voice
–Please keep song to 1 minute or less
–Monologues should also still be no more than 1 minute.
–**OPTIONAL** You may also send in a no more than 1 minute dance routine to any musical theater song.
2. If you are unable to record a video, please either email Kelly Lepeska at: email@example.com, or send a PM through the Second Act Productions FB group to work out an alternative method of auditioning.
3. ALL audition videos MUST be received by 10:00 pm CST, Thursday, March 19th.
4. When emailing, please include the best contact info to let you know about casting, rehearsal schedule, performances, etc…(If you are the parent emailing, please indicate your contact info, and your child’s name.). Also, please indicate any potential conflicts between now and May 31st. ALL cast members MUST be present May 26-31.
5. Cast list will be revealed Monday, March 23rd.
6. If accepted into this production class/workshop, you will be sent a cast member commitment form. At this time, I am waiving the new student registration fee, so you will only be responsible for the $300 course/production fee due the first week of rehearsal. (Students will be learning vocal, acting, and dance performance techniques essential for this performance and beyond.)
7. If you have any questions not already answered above, please don’t hesitate to contact Kelly Lepeska at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience and your support.